Southern African Health Technology Assessment Society is relatively new organization. It is launched in 2014.
• To promote the science and practice of assessing Health Technology
• To develop the scope of practice for HTA professionals
• To build a thriving, independent society serving as the primary scientific and professional focus for all those who undertake and use HTA in health care delivery, industry, government, payment, academic institutions, consumer organisations, consultancies and other stakeholders.
• To support collaborative efforts among academic institutions for development, delivery and improvement and quality assurance of HTA education and training programmes including experiential learning
• To conduct regular meetings to promote continuous professional development in HTA for all health professionals
• To collaborate with both the Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi), International Network of Agencies for Health Technology Assessment (INAHTA), to increase the application of HTA in health policy decision making around the world.
• To support the development and exchange of information, scientific methods, expertise and ideas through meetings, publications, newsletters and other information services, educational and other activities to support the development and use of HTA.
• To promote all matters related to the realization of the foregoing objectives or any one of them.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The first General Meeting of the Society will be held in 2015
- Vice-President, and
- Honorary Secretary
- 5 members